Elevated with Private 10 acres of bush/sea views.
Solar water heating and two wetback fires
Indoor/outdoor entertainment areas
Sauna/Pool/Spa/Movie room/Pool table
Coolstore wine cellar/Commercial Designed kitchen
Own tank water/spring water/eco sewerage system
Quality Chattels: Curtains/carpets/Kauri cabinetry
Extra Large rooms
Walk in cool-store pantry/Laundry lift/chute.
This stunning large individual property set on 10 acres of bush with a small sea view through the valley exudes privacy and peace.
Only 20 mins from Thames for local supplies and shopping,35 mins to the coromandel township and Less than 2 hours to Auckland CBD,Tauranga,Hamilton.
The house is currently run as a Luxury Boutique Bed and Breakfast.
Please enquire for Options of purchase,regarding Business/House/Chattels etc
We will include most furniture( some imported hand made pieces) Pool table,lounge suites etc which are all only two years old.
The price is set at $700 pounds.
Please check out our website at www.natureswindowretreat.com
Our business has a high standard with plenty of skope to make bigger.
Our reviews are also at a high standard.
If you would like more pictures of the inside please ask,there are plenty more.(The system doesnt allow any more than 20 photos!)
The house has just been completly repainted this November 2015 on the exterior.
The house also has had complete Moisture Test done on it from january 8th 2016.
We have recently had more photos taken so please ask to see if interested.
The open plan kitchen has commercial facilities, including
· A dual oven with gas hobs,
· A grill top and a separate large deep fryer.
· A full length commercial extractor fan and lighting system is set over the cooking area.
· Kitchen surfaces are marble and stainless steel
· Kauri kitchen doors and cupboards.
· Two built in dishwashers to match the Kauri cabinetry.
· A pull out vegetable storage rack cupboard alongside the fridge.
· A dual sink with filtered water and soap dispenser.
· A separate hot water cylinder to service the kitchen area
· A fixed stainless steel hanging rack for pots and pans.
The kitchen windows open up out onto a full length marble bench directly outside of the kitchen – bringing the indoors to the outdoors – great for serving from the kitchen to entertaining on the outdoor deck.
The kitchen bar comfortably seats 6 people and makes a great conversation area.
Behind is a corner seating area which looks out to the bush.
There is a separate large walk in pantry with ample space and shelving, adjoined to a thermostatically controlled cool store room with ample shelving, excellent for any large function or entertaining.
Alongside the kitchen area is a small office/telephone desk space.
There is a separate laundry area with cupboards, and space for a washing machine and dryer. There is a single sink, and an ironing board cupboard situated alongside. This cupboard also contains the laundry chute from upstairs.
From the laundry there is a door leading to the back of the house/clothesline/garden.
The laundry contains an electric lift to the second floor for ease of transporting linen items.
The hallways are wide and spacious giving the house that sense of openness and freedom. Downstairs the hallway leads to a toilet and washbasin, and to a cloakroom area. There is also access from this hallway to double doors which lead to the back garden and washing line.
Connecting from this hallway leads you to the Family room. A large built in cabinet, with lighting is ideal for wine glasses. The doors are glass and the cabinet contains a series of draws and storage cupboards.
This open area is full of light, and spectacular views of the swimming pool and bush. The pool table stands centrally within this room. There is ample room for seating around the pool table. A feature of this room is the large wetback “Jotel” fire which rises up through the house to second floor providing winter warmth to the entire upper level of the house.
There is a 3.5 metre wide projector screen set up in this room for movie watching and corporate presentations.
Full length folding French doors open out onto the top deck for entertainment.
Access to the dining area is from the main hallway and the family room. This area is formal, with more in-built Kauri cabinetry cupboards and drawers.
There is a solid 3 metre dining table which comfortably seats 8 – 10 people.
Beside the dining area is a separate display room or extra function room.
Access to the spacious step down lounge is from both sides of the dining room
The lounge has a full wall large shelved library area for books/sculpture/art.
A central formal open fireplace with wet back graces this room for those cool winter evenings providing warmth, and atmosphere. Tiled firewood storage areas are either side of the fire with a Kauri shelf over the top.
The fireplace is fitted with a Fan system which when switched on, moves warm air to the lounge and dining area.
A corner window in the lounge captures the sun, and warmth - with built in corner window seating looking over the swimming pool and the bush.
From the main hallway you access the second floor via the open, wide staircase, which has high quality stainless steel railings up and all around the second floor.
From the open landing hallway there is access to the four upper bedrooms and private bathroom which has heat lamps and a fan, a toilet, and a shower over the bath.
On one side of the upper landing are two extra-large bedrooms with beautiful bush views and a private bathroom across the hall. These two bedrooms have a joint balcony looking out onto the bush.
The third bedroom opposite has an en-suite, with views of the bush and a glimpse of the sea. Breath taking sunsets can be seen from this room.
The bathrooms all contain high quality imported wall tiles from Europe, and high pressure toilets. Free standing Kauri cabinets complete the bathrooms.
Large inbuilt mirrors are in all the bathrooms.
Along the landing is a quiet area with ample room for seating and relaxing with the spectacular bush views. This open area overlooks the pool table below.
Continuing along the hallway is the Master King bedroom with en-suite.
The master bedroom is situated directly above the lounge with stunning views across the valley out towards the sea. Again spectacular sunsets can be seen from this room.
There is a remote controlled ceiling fan for the warm summer days and evenings.
A large walk in wardrobe adjoins the bedroom, with mood lighting and his and hers wardrobes and draws. There is a full length dress mirror with on the face of a shoes cupboard.
Beside the walk in wardrobe is en-suite bathroom .A large fully tiled open shower looks out on to the bush. There is a toilet and separate bidet, and a hand basin set in marble. The shower has both an overhead and a wall shower head.
The circular spa bath is situated in the corner of the en-suite to capture exquisite bush views. The bath is set in marble, with a corner window for extensive outdoor views.
Heat lights/fan and mood lighting is ample for this room.
Stairs from the laundry and hallway lead down to lower level of the house. On this level there is a wine cellar room fully equipped with a thermostatically controlled chilling unit. This room is shelved and ready for wine!
Also in this room is the central communication system/switchboard for music/ internet/electrics/phones.
The second room on this level is a store room/workshop. This room has been used as an arts workshop and has work benches, a sink, and water. A vent enters this room which can allow heat from the upstairs fire to enter the room.
The third room is a movie room, with padded walls for soundproofing. There is mood lighting in this room.
A heat pump is also situated in this room.
Under the stairs is a generous sized store cupboard which is accessed from the movie room.
From the lower hallway outside these three rooms there is access to the large double garage.
Both garage doors are remote controlled and are made of cedar wood.
A meandering climbing driveway leads up to the house, arriving at a car park area capable of holding 6 or more cars with space for approximately 4 more vehicles down the concrete drive to the garages.
Entering the property is through the pagoda in front of the house which contains a small area of lawn used for petanque, outdoor furniture seating and the outside luxury portable spa pool. This area is ideal for setting up outside functions and has views across the pool through the valley towards the sea.
Around the house is extensive hardwood decking perfect for outdoor entertainment.
From this higher decked area you take steps to the lower deck and pool area, with ample space for sunbathing and relaxing.
The infinity salt water pool has a roll out cover for keeping it warm and clean.
Walled garden beds surround the pool area, with glass railings and child safety locks on all gates to pool area. A timber decked seating is at one end of the pool that contains the pool cover and accessories for cleaning the pool.
The swimming pool has lighting for evening swimming. The pool also has a piped solar system for heating the pool water in summer, able to reach temperatures of 27-35 degrees centigrade in the summer months as preferred and set by the house owner.
More stairs lead down to the sauna area. The electric cedar wood sauna comfortably holds 6-8 people.
There are two levels of seating within the sauna. Next door to the sauna room is a changing room, toilet, hand basin and shower – also lined with imported European wall tiles.
Below the infinity pool waterfall is a large lower deck. Access to the pool pump house, the house water filtration system and control units for the solar are on this level.
Below this deck are limes and lemon trees, grapes, passion fruit and native trees and flaxes planted for the future.
Walking around this lower deck passes the front of the house, passing raised garden flower beds, and arriving at the vegetable gardens on the other side of the house. This meets with the outdoor clothes line.
There is access here into the house through the back door.
1. All timber throughout the inside of the house is Solid New Zealand Kauri – including the bedroom doors, cupboards and shelving.
2. Flooring within the family, living, dining, bathrooms and kitchen areas is imported ‘A grade Linoleum’ ‘’ The formal lounge, bedrooms and staircases are wool carpet.
3. Bathroom en-suites are tiled.
4. There are two gas bayonets for running an additional/optional portable gas heater. One is in the family room by the pool table and one is in the lounge. The gas bottles that supply gas for the bayonets and the gas hobs in the kitchen are located in the garage under the house.
5. The spa bath within the en-suite of the king master room is heated from a separate gas system behind the sauna, ensuring that hot water not be drained from the main hot water cylinder supplying the house.
6. There is ample power sockets and lighting throughout the house, with dimmers in many areas.
7. All bedrooms have built in wardrobes – except the king master which has a walk in wardrobe.
8. Water supply is contained in a concrete tank and collected from the roof and a spring from the hills. We have access the spring water by a pump system at no cost, for topping up in the summer if tank water gets low.
9. Sewerage operates on a highly efficient 3 chamber eco-friendly system.
10. The property has ten acres of land consisting of mainly bush and a lower paddock for stock or a pony. Subdivision or extra build for letting is possible.
11. An area down the driveway by the paddock has been excavated for future possibilities. This area has had heavy grade metal placed on it. It is presently used for camper van storage and an extra car park area.
12. A small bush walk has been created within the bush area of the land.
13. The shared access way for the 7 properties in the valley crosses an attractive ford over a small river. The concrete ford has had recent extensive maintenance done in the last two years.
14. There is an internal vacuum system in the house in most rooms.
15. The electric hot water cylinder is also heated by two wet back fireplaces and a solar system on the roof, which heats the house water attached. The solar system is only two years old and will cope with a family of 4-5.
16. There is also a separate mini cylinder under the kitchen bench for the kitchen water.
17. The roof is made of Iron ( Coloursteel or Zincalume )
18 The Exterior of the house is a Plaster finish.
19. All windows are single glazed,tinted and aluminium.