Detached 4/5 bedroom farmhouse with pool close to the Pyrenees
Oil central heating
Quiet location on the edge of a village
Easy to manage large shady garden with mature trees
2/3 reception rooms, 3 bathrooms – 2 en suite
Garage and parking for several cars
The fully furnished annexe with balcony overlooks the garden and pool
NO AGENCY FEES
This charming detached property, with many original features, is on the edge of a village (150 habs) in a quiet traffic free lane overlooking the rolling Gascony countryside and the High Pyrenees beyond (10,500ft). You can be enjoying the magnificent scenery, and get yourself off the beaten track or be on the ski slopes in 45 minutes. Traffic, noisy neighbours, urban noise can all be forgotten so relax, with a glass of wine, in the lovely 1 acre (4180 sq mts) garden with its shady mature trees. The shaped swimming pool is set amongst the scented flowers and shrubs. The property is not overlooked yet close enough to neighbours.
With year round temperatures higher than SW England this is a marvellous retreat for those who seek a more gentle climate. Average day time temperatures range from 10C in January (9C in the UK) to 27C in July and August (20Cin the UK). Ideal summer temperatures to take a dip and enjoy the swimming pool !
With it's gated entrance leading to a large courtyard; the house has four double bedrooms (including the annexe), modern kitchen, lounge, dining room and a summer lounge with its balcony overlooking the 1 acre garden, pool and views over the surrounding countryside to the Pyrenees beyond. A 5th bedroom with en suite could be added if the gite/annexe was to be sacrificed.
The traditional L -shaped Gascon design has been professionally renovated and complies with all EU regulations. The 'fosse septique', recently installed, is fully certificated and also complies with EU regulations. Ready to walk into but, for those who want to make alterations to suit their needs, there is plenty of scope to make alterations.
Viewing is essential to appreciate this property.
This Gascon property, with original features dating back to the 1700's, comprises of:-
● Large detached 4 bedroom house (280 sq mts/2520 sq ft), including the annexe.
● Shaped swimming pool set amongst the flowers and shrubs.
● Many original features including the ancient eastern wall, windows and colombage
● Quiet location on the edge of a village in a traffic free lane but just a few minutes to all amenities.
● 1 acre plot, a shady garden with mature trees
● 2 spacious reception rooms plus a summer lounge/cinema room with a balcony (annexe) overlooking the garden and pool
● 3 bathrooms + WC downstairs
● A new ‘fosse septique’ (waste water installation), pool liner, filter and pump plus a central heating boiler (total value in excess of €30,000) have all been recently installed.
● It would be possible to use part of the house for a summer let (annexe)
● Wildlife pond. Views to the Pyrenees
● Oil fired central heating (new boiler fitted 2018) and double glazing throughout
● Airports in the region serve the area with flights from various UK and European airports. Lourdes/Tarbes - 45 mins, Toulouse - 75 mins. Bergerac or Bordeaux are further afield.
● Radiators and double glazed throughout
● Successful twin bedded gite/annexe producing an income from Easter to October
● PRIVATE SALE - NO EXPENSIVE AGENTS FEES
The house faces south, towards the Pyrenees, and overlooking the easily managed shady garden and pool.
The nearby town of Trie sur Baïse has all the amenities required - banks, shops, supermarket, medical services, etc and is just 2.5 km away.
Many original features have been retained including the magnificent fireplace with woodburner, colombage (half timbering), stairs, doors, windows dating back to 1760's and the eastern barn wall.
Swimming pool with new fitted liner, pump and filter.
Wildlife pond and al fresco table
Garage with wood storage area
Integrated barn/workshop on 2 floors
Woodstore and small potting shed
Parking for several cars.
Services :- Water, electicity, telephone, broadband in excess of 6mbs soon to be updated to super broadband speeds
The 'fosse septique', installed in 2015, complies with the latest EU regulations
EPC - C
The lovely one acre garden overlooks the rolling Gascon countryside to the Pyrenees beyond. The garden with its swimming pool also has a natural pond and al fresco table set amongst the many shady, mature trees. It is a restful haven full of flowers, perfume and birdsong as well as managed wild areas which attract butterflies and bees..
The nearby Pyrenees offer endless leisure activities from skiing in the winter to walking the high mountains in summer or, perhaps, just relaxing in its glorious scenery. Cycling is popular in the area and Trie was the host the start of a stage in 'Le Tour de France' in 2018.
Airports (Toulouse, Tarbes/Lourdes, Pau) and the motorway network are all within an easy driving distance.
There are NO agency fees to pay and legal costs are excluded.
No words or pictures can do the property justice and viewing is essential. Contact us to arrange a viewing.
The owners have researched the village history with its links to the House of Lords in London in the 1600's. The history of the property goes back to 1760. Full details are available on request.
Please take your time to assess our property and if further information is required please contact us.