ample indepedant storage
separate guest quarters
3 reception rooms
Charming 4 bed Normandy Cottage with attached garage and outbuildings
Set in the idyllic Normandy countryside, 10 minutes from the historic town of Bernay, home to the famous French vocalist Edith Piaf. Designated one of the French Towns and Lands of Art and History Bernay is an 11th century town, grown from its historical abbey into a bustling modern market town that retains its old-world charm. Discover this magnificent example of traditional Normandy ‘colombage’ (half-timber) cottage, reflective of the vernacular architecture of Bernay. Comprising 180m² OF traditional charm with modern facilities on a passionately maintained plot with mature garden of 2000m² (0,5 acres).
It enjoys complete privacy in its peaceful and picturesque surroundings. The accommodation consists of an open plan living room, formal dining room, formal sitting room with an open fireplace, in between a very well fitted and equipped modern kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom / office, a secondary kitchen and pantry all at ground level. The first-floor accommodation comprises a generous open plan landing that gives access to two spacious bedrooms and a family bathroom. An additional stair gives access to a guest bedroom with separate bathroom and private living room.
Distance to ferry port: 90 kms (Caen – 90 minutes)
• Exquisite Normandy-style detached house
• 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 3 receptions rooms.
• Beautiful charming garden 0,5 acres
• 2 Well-fitted and equipped modern kitchens
• Oil fired central heating, 1 open fire
• Less than 1hr 30mins from Caen ferry
• Less than 1hr 20 mins from Paris center train
• An attached garage with accessible attic over and outbuildings