ROCCA DI PAPA (ROME) - LAZIO
4 BEDROOM DETATCHED VILLA IN 2000SQM OF LAND
€ 495.000 ¦ 4 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms ¦185 sqm
• Ideal location in the historic Castelli Romani area near Rome, just minutes from stunning Castel Gandolfo, summer residence of the Pope, delightful Frascati renowned for its wines and patrician villas, scenic Nemi famous for its wild strawberries and its link with Emperor Caligula.
• Quiet and safe countryside location, yet convenient for shopping and other amenities: shopping centre with supermarkets, pharmacy, bank, hairdressers, beauty salon, petrol station, gym, bar/patisserie etc. located less than 2 Km away.
• Only 20 Km (12 miles) from Rome, 9 Km (6 miles) from Ciampino International airport, 31 Km (18 miles) from the seaside
• Extensive garden, orchard with fruit and olive trees, cellar for winemaking and storing
• Possibility of enlarging the property according to new Lazio Region’s rules on the matter, (see rendering in picture gallery).
The villa is built on two floors for a total area of 185sqm and comprises two bedrooms, a bathroom, a lounge- dining room and a kitchen/breakfast room with an open fire on the ground floor.
On the first floor/loft there are further two double bedrooms and a bathroom and spacious landing which could be used as a further bedroom. Full central heating in all rooms.
Outside there is an extensive paved area with flower beds and a small patio. Also outside there is an attractive covered patio area (40sqm), crafted in wood with clay tiles, ideal for entertaining – eating al fresco, BBQ etc.
Another main feature of the property is a cellar (about 70sqm), excavated from “tufa” rocks and therefore ideal for wine making and fine wine storing as it retains natural humidity and stable cool temperature. This could also be used for storage or alternative entertainment area.
The property is surrounded by 2000sqm of prime land with olive trees (producing excellent olive oil), fruit trees, orchard for growing vegetables, and ideal land to plant vines for wine making. This area of the Castelli Romani falls within the DOC region area famous for white wines, Frascati being the most renowned.
The villa is in good conditions; it would benefit from some updating and with minor alterations could become a truly stunning residence. It would be perfect for a permanent or holiday home or to be transformed into a B&B given its vicinity to Rome.
The property is situated in the municipal area of Rocca di Papa, one of the Castelli Romani towns. The Castelli Romani are wonderfully situated just south of Rome to which are linked by frequent and affordable public transports. Nearby you can find the two picturesque volcanic lakes of Castel Gandolfo (with its papal palace, summer residence of the Pope) and Nemi (famous for being the playground of Emperor Caligula who hosted naval battle games on its waters) and the historic town of Frascati (famous for its wine and patrician villas, summer residences of noble Roman families in the past). If you like to be active you can take up walking or trekking in the Castelli Romani Natural Park, go swimming or rowing and kayaking on Castel Gandolfo lake, cycling in the many country lanes, horse riding etc. Or you can just relax, go shopping and eat out in the many restaurants and trattorias in the area famous for: “Porchetta”, delicious charcuterie, cheeses, pasta dishes and wonderful seasonal fruit such as the wild strawberries of Nemi and vegetables such as courgette flowers and artichokes. To learn more about the Castelli Romani, go to: www.visitcastelliromani.it/en