- Country House
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Reception rooms: 1
- Property size: 173 sqm
- Land size: 2250 sqm
- Year built: 1960
Cosy farmhouse decorated with local antique furniture of rare beauty, all walled in stone and fenced with a total area of 2250 m2.
Located in a small valley known as the Cuckoo’s Spring, accessible by paved road, half a mile from the picturesque village of Penha Garcia. The nearby famous dam is only a 5-minute walk away.
This small farm consists of the farmhouse built in the 1960s, entirely updated, and a big vegetable garden, all surrounded by a stone wall. There’s a small stream at the end of the wall.
The ground floor has an area of 173 m2. The house consists of:
- 2 bedrooms plus 1 master bedroom;
- bathroom with shower;
- fully equipped kitchen with grill, antique marble kitchen sink and counter;
- independent pantry;
- large living room with fireplace;
- 2 separate attics on the top floors, one for each half of the house; one attic is already prepared to be transformed into one or several bedrooms;
- big veranda with kitchen counter in stone slabs, running water and sink, another grill and an old fully functional stone oven, ideal for baking;
- 2 storage rooms, one fully closed while the other could be adapted into a garage;
- 1 outer shed;
The property already has mains electricity and the mains water comes directly from the adjacent stream through a water filter system. It also has its own sewage system. There’s plenty of parking space and wide access to the garden. There’s a small water tank that can be extended to a swimming pool.
The vegetable garden has various fruit trees and vineyards. The front vegetable garden is made entirely of vineyards. There are already several taps installed throughout the garden and a small well.
The house is orientated towards the property, away from the road, for maximum privacy. This also allows you to watch the sunrise and enjoy the silence as well as all the sounds of nature.
The property is surrounded by plenty of water springs (including the nearby Cuckoo’s Spring) and vast pine woods, and is ideal for those who want a close contact with nature, quietness, fresh air, whether for holidays or to live there.
100000£ or 110000€ (negotiable)
Coordinates: 40.050200, -7.004440