Pera Orinis is an amazing, quite, village 18 km south of Nicosia at an altitude of 400 meters from the sea. Community borders occupy an area of about 21 square kilometers. It is built on the right bank of the Pediou River and in this it owes its name.
The village has been named by the same name since antiquity as a suburb of the ancient city of Tamassos because it was beyond the Pediou River. In the life of St. Heracleion (1st century AD) it is referred to as Peraton (Pera). The definition of "Mountain" resulted from the fact that during the Frankish and Ottoman domination the village was located in the mountainous area, as it was called the mountainous region of Cyprus, in order to counter the plain of Messaria. The definition of "Mountain" has remained and is used to distinguish the village geographically from other villages that have as its first constituent the word Pera, such as Pera Chorio, Pera Kidi and others.
A characteristic feature of the area is the two highlands in the northeastern part of the village with the characteristic local name "Pano and Kato Vounos".
Near the traditional settlement of the community, there are the villages of Politiko and Episkopi, which are the nucleus of Ancient Tamas, and to some extent the villages of the greater Thassos, Ergates, Psimolofou, Kabia, Kapedes and Analyzantas.
In the area of the village were found antiquities that date back to the Copper Age (Prehistoric years).
The area of the village of Pera belonged to antiquity in the city and the kingdom of Tamas and was inhabited since then. It is reported that the ancient gods Artemis, Aphrodite, Apollo and Asklepios were worshiped.
The village existed in the Medieval years with the same name, as it is mentioned in the chronicle of Leontios Machairas during the period of the Frankish rule (1191-1571), Pera was a feud.
The village continued its life during the Ottoman domination (1571-1878). During the Turkish census of 1572 the village had 60 households, in 1861 200. From 1881 to 1973 the population was constantly increasing. In 1974, due to the Turkish invasion, several families of refugees who were creatively enlisted in the Community settled in the village.
In 1984 the village had 257 households with 861 inhabitants
In 1992 - 278 households with 940 inhabitants
In 2001 - 302 households with 1018 inhabitants
The 2011 -436 households with 1372 inhabitants